Monday 16 September 2013

Countdown: Top 10 Barry M Nail Polish (for now)


Well today has been a long and interesting day! Before I settle down to watch Breaking Bad though I have a quick post for you all.

I was slightly inspired to do this today whilst at work. My nail colour changes almost daily and 99% of the time it's good old Bazza on my nails. Today was no different and the compliments from people and questions about which polish I was wearing got me thinking about my favourite Barry M polishes. And here they are


Bit of a mixture, you can tell I'm ready to move into Autumn but not quite ready to leave Summer behind!! 

So here goes my top 10 (for now, this could easily change within a week especially with the new Autumn collections releasing next week). These aren't in any order these are just the 10 I find myself wearing the most.

1) Copper

This polish is part of the reason I'm happy for the season change, I'm happy to wear brights in winter but wouldn't feel right about wearing this in the London sunshine. This is what's on my nails today so I guess the inspiration behind the post! This is THE most beautiful copper shade I've ever seen, it's hard to describe but the simplest description would be the most perfect copper shade with loads and loads of tiny gold and copper glitter particles. It's amazing and not once have I worn this and not had someone comment on its amazingness!

2) Berry Ice Cream

Here comes the girly side! This is here purely because I think its such a pretty colour. It's the perfect lilac and personally, even though this was brought out as part of the Ice Cream summer collection I really think it can be worn all year. Now here's where my love for this shade gets a really weird description! When I wear this shade it just reminds me of Nicki Minaj's Super Bass video (don't judge me lol). I'm a huge Nicki fan and this colour is just so girly and sweet I can't not love it. It doesn't draw as much attention as other shades I've chosen but it makes me happy everytime.

3) Magenta Glitter

I'm a Barbie Girl, in a Barbie world! That's my best description for this shade! It's loud and bright and in your face and glittery and very very PINK!! This may be a slightly controversial choice, I know not everyone is a fan of glitter and I know that nobody is a fan of the removal, but this shade to me is perfection. Like Copper this shade attracts a lot of attention and there's nothing I like more than striking up a conversation with a stranger about nails!

I don't want this too picture heavy so I had to go ahead and use the nail wheel


4) Greenberry

The first but definitely not the last Gelly on the list. The Gelly collection might just be the best thing Barry M ever released, I've yet to find a fault with any of the polishes from this collection! This one is a bright greeny turquoise colour, yet another attention grabber! Admittedly it is more suited to the warmer months but I've been known to wear lime green polish in December, I think nails is the one place we can express our bright side whatever the weather!

5) Lychee

I'm not a neutral kinda girl by any means, I love bright and girly. I saw this when it was released as part of the spring Gelly collection and if I'm being honest picked it up in a rush because I needed a third one for the 3 for 2 offer. As soon as I tried it though I loved it!! It's just so classy and simple and I've yet to find a neutral shade that comes anywhere close to this. And to find such a light colour that is this quick and easy to apply in just two coats is a rarity. Beautiful colour and will easily last throughout autumn even if it was a spring release.

6) Blue Moon

Another spring collection polish on the list but I believe this was a 2012 release. There's nothing truly amazing about this when you first look, it's a lovely pale blue colour with a tiny hint of green. I fell in love with this when I first got the bottle home though! It has the prettiest blue shimmer running through it, it's very subtle but very beautiful! I call this my mermaid shade!

7) Dusky Mauve

Another shade that gets me excited for Autumn. I know this was all over the blogs when it was first released because of the comparisons with the Chanel shade Paradoxal. It was actually a blog post on this comparison that made me buy it. In the daylight this looks amazing, as the name suggests its a lovely mauve colour but when that sunlight hits it its like magic, stunning purple shimmer! Cannot recommend this one enough.



8) Guava

We're back to brights for the final three. All of them are from the Summer 2013 Gelly collection. Guava is a very bright, very shiny turquoise. The reason this is on here is simple, I love bright colours especially ones that are as easy to apply as this one! Summer shade or not I plan on wearing this for a few months to come!

9) Passionfruit

Originally I bought this one simply to complete the summer collection, I didn't particularly want it from what I saw but I can't not have every new release, it's like an addiction. This so quickly became my favourite shade though. It's a reddy pinky orange, it's super duper bright and has possibly the best application out of all the summer Gelly collection. I adore this shade and so does everyone else whenever I wear it ( I even had to take it into work to paint a colleagues nails lol).

10) Blue Grape

And last but certainly not least we have this little beauty. The royal blue I had been searching for for what seemed like an eternity. Before this shade every royal blue colour I tried was so much darker once applied, I already had a navy blue! They were never what I was looking for. Then along came this, bright and shiny and opaque within two coats. This was my definition of royal blue heaven. It was bright enough for summer but this is the most versatile shade out of them all, I'll be running this bottle dry before the years out.


So that's my favourite Barry M shades, now I'd love to hear yours :)





11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the comment and the follow, I follow you on GFC too (as UniqueornBeauty).

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barry M nailpolish works so good on my nails.
    I adore the sparkly ones!

    xoxo,
    Froso
    Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I'm the biggest Barry M fan! I love anyone who loves a bit of sparkle lol.

      Now following you on Bloglovin and GFC, feel free to follow back :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite nail polish shades are red but also the shades that look a mix between pale blue and pale green and Blue Moon is the perfect example of that! Love it! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blue moon is a gorgeous shade. Thanks for the comment. Love your blog!! Now following on GFC and Bloglovin, feel free to follow back :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  5. Thanks a lot :)

    Now following on GFC and Bloglovin, feel free to follow back.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this blog!!I follow you on bloglovin and i'm your follower!!
    FOLLOW ME TOO!! XOXO :)
    http://venusenfourrure.blogspot.it

    FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Venusenfourrure?fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. You have a great blog!

      Now following on GFC and Bloglovin, feel free to follow back :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  7. I LOVE PASSIONFRUIT AND BERRY ICE CREAM!

    Barry M nail varnish is so good!
    i have followed your blog feel free to check mine out and maybe follow back :)

    xxxx
    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot for the comment. Can't get enough of Barry M lol. Now following on Bloglovin and GFC if you'd like to do the same maybe?

      Lisa x

      Delete

I read every single comment and do my best to reply. Please leave your link if you comment, I visit the blogs of every single commenter so leaving the link just makes my life easier :) x