Saturday 14 September 2013

Red Lipstick, all on the paper: Kate Moss Rimmel review

In the words of Gwyneth Paltrow "Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That or a kick-ass red lipstick". You will rarely see me on a night out without red lipstick, it's my go-to look and the one thing, to me, that can really bring a look together.

I have a LOT of reds but one I've really been loving lately is Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate Moss for Rimmel in 111 Kiss Of Life.  I hadn't read anything about this before I bought it, I was drawn in by the lovely simple packaging. I don't know why but the red cylindrical tube with the "Kate" signature on the side really caught my eye. When looking through the colours, being me, I went straight to the brightest red. Here's a look at the packaging:


Now that's out of the way we'll get to the product itself. The colour is a deep velvety red with a matte finish. Here's a look at the swatches with and without flash

You can't really get an idea of the matte finish in the swatches but it is most definitely matte. I'd stayed away from matte until this because, since I don't have the poutiest pout in the world, didn't think it wouldn't suit me. One try of this and I was proven wrong, I've had so many compliments when wearing this. Here's a quick look at the product on the lips

I've found it so hard to find the right light to capture the colour but I'd say the one in natural light is the closest but imagine it a tiny bit brighter. You can get a better idea of the finish from the above picture though.

Application on this is... tricky. Only because you really really need to make sure you take the time to prep and line your lips properly. Liner is essential for this lipstick because if not used it WILL bleed and it will bleed quite badly. That said as long as you get the prep right this lipstick is great; it's matte but not at all drying, it's super pigmented in one coat and it can last a good few hours and a good few cocktails before it needs a touch up.

This lipstick is available at Boots for £5.49 and if I'm not mistaken they currently have a buy one get one half price offer on.

That's me and one of my favourite reds, what's your go to red lipstick? 



5 comments:

  1. This might be the best red lipstick I've ever seen. I like that it's matte and it looks like it can lasts for hours (or days) ;)
    Thanks for sweet comment & follow, I'm following back :)

    xoxo
    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, its definitely a favourite of mine :)

      And thanks so much for the follow back

      Lisa
      x

      Delete
  2. Love your design.
    I have two lipsticks from the same collection.I've been searching for that color all summer.Maybe next time I will have more luck.Kisses:*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only colour I have from this collection, do you mind me asking what colours you have? I've been wanting to try some more from this collection and I'm trying to decide. Hope you can find this one soon I couldn't be without it!

      Lisa
      x

      Delete

I read every single comment and do my best to reply. Please leave your link if you comment, I visit the blogs of every single commenter so leaving the link just makes my life easier :) x