Monday 11 November 2013

Bourjois Shine Edition: Mauve tabloid

Well after 3 weeks I finally have a new laptop. Had such difficulty in actually getting the thing delivered I started to doubt it was ever going to happen! It's finally here though so finally I can get back to blogging.

I had a night out a couple of weeks ago and since it was just before payday, rather than treating myself to a whole new outfit, I just grabbed a new lipstick. This is something I always do, I don't know why but if I can't afford something new to wear I just feel like I need something I haven't worn before. I think it kinda makes sense haha. Anyway enough with the blabbering. The new lipstick I picked up this time was Bourjois Shine Edition.

It was something a bit different for me as I don't usually go for shiny/glossy lipsticks for a night out but for some reason this one caught my eye. I picked up Mauve tabloid shade number 25. This is a deep purple/pink with small glitter particles. It looks a lot more brown in the packaging rather than when its applied.

First of all I have a little problem with the packaging, I'm not sure if it's the mirror of the lid or the large blue/green writing but something about this I really don't like. It just looks a little bit cheap. That said, it's a decent enough size to fit in your handbag so for a "drugstore" product I can't really complain too much.


The product is slightly slimmer than my usual lipstick choices but there is a decent amount of product and it actually applies much better than I thought it would.
 
 
 
The colour of this isn't quite as pigmented as I was expecting but I was really happy with the result. Being the dedicated blogger that I am I had a few cocktails whilst wearing this, just to see what the wear was like obviously not for my own enjoyment, and I only had to top it up twice throughout the night. Here's pictures of the product compared to my bare lips. Excuse my dry lips, today was a cold day haha.
 
 
 
Here's the product on the lips without flash:
 
 
 
And then with flash:
 
 
 
Overall I would definitely recommend this product, I'm thinking of trying out a few other colours in this. It's very moisturising yet it still has very good staying power. It applies easily and doesn't bleed at all even without liner. Has anyone tried the other colours in this range?



 
 


4 comments:

  1. The color of the lipstick is very pretty! Great post! :)

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do actually love the colour and I'm usually all about bold and bright lipsticks lol.

      Thanks :)

      Lisa x

      Delete
  2. wow i love the packaging! and the color looks really pretty on you :)

    biffsquiggled

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the packaging - it's not very spectacular or anything is it? The colour does look lovely though
    xxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and do my best to reply. Please leave your link if you comment, I visit the blogs of every single commenter so leaving the link just makes my life easier :) x