Monday 25 November 2013

Nivea Lip Butter

Nivea Lip Butters are probably one of my favourite products of this year. I know so many people who's go to lip product is good old Vaseline but to me Vaseline was always quite greasy and seemed to sit on my lips rather than to settle in and soothe them.

I had absolutely no idea what Nivea Lip Butters were like in terms of quality, my sweet tooth was simply attracted by the Caramel Cream flavour. I've had this for quite a while and surprisingly I have almost finished it. This is surprising because I never ever get to the end of lip balms. Mainly because I carry about five in my handbag at any one time, am I the only one that does this?

Since I was almost at the end of my Caramel Cream flavour I decided to pick up the Vanilla and Macadamia one too.


First of all I love the packaging of these little lovelies, more than that though they smell amazing. The Caramel Cream flavour smells so good and so sweet that it actually makes me hungry! The Vanilla and Macadamia one also has a gorgeous smell just not quite as sweet, so if you're not a sugar addict like me then you might prefer this one.

So far we have good packing and beautiful smells, but it doesn't stop there. I've tried every kind of lip balm and this is without doubt the best, at least for me. Unlike Vaseline it doesn't seem to just settle on my lips, the moisturised feel lasts for a good couple of hours even in this horrible cold weather and it makes my lips look lovely and smooth without looking too shiny. This winter is the first winter in a while that I've never had sore lips and I put that down totally to this.

I know Baby Lips is a lot of bloggers favourites and I own a few and I like them enough but in terms of doing what they're actually meant to do and that's moisturise, Baby Lips can't even come close. These are slightly cheaper than Baby Lips but, at £2.25, are a little bit more expensive than Vaseline. Definitely worth the price though, they last forever and you'll never have sore or chapped lips again.

Has anyone else tried these or have any other lip balm suggestions?

9 comments:

  1. These sound so yummy, I might have to try them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are yummy, some of the best smelling lip products ever! x

      Delete
  2. These sound so good! I will definitely be picking up Vanilla and Macadamia :) Great review lovely :) xxx
    frecklesandflawsbeautyblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly couldn't recommend these more, they're my saviour at the minute with this cold weather! x

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of these, we don't get it here, but they seem the perfect thing to keep in your handbag. Thanks for your visit doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw that's a shame, they are great for just throwing in your bag. Keeps the cold from ruining your lips! x

      Delete
  4. I have the raspberry scent and absolutely love it. I used to be hooked on Vaseline & Burt's bees but this has defo taken over.
    Maybe Its Megan Leigh xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raspberry is the last one to catch my eye because of my ridiculous sweet tooth but I'll definitely be picking it up soon to complete the collection x

      Delete
  5. i love this lip butter :) lovely blog :) would you like to follow each other :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and do my best to reply. Please leave your link if you comment, I visit the blogs of every single commenter so leaving the link just makes my life easier :) x