Friday 22 November 2013

Sleek: Blush By 3 - Pink Sprint

Just a quick review of one of my recent haul purchases, the Sleek Blush By 3 palette which as the name suggests contains 3 blushes. I went for the Pink Sprint one because I always use a pink tones blush unless I have a tan and as I don't use sunbeds I'm seriously doubting I'm picking up a tan any time soon in gloomy old London Town.

As always the packaging is lovely. I'll always say this, Sleek products without question have the best packaging out of all drugstore brands, Always Sleek (pun intended) with lots of matte black which I just love.



The Pink Sprint palette contains three blushes; Pinktini, Pink Ice and Pink Parfait.



(L:R - Pinktini, Pink Ice and Pink Parfait)

I can't lie, they looked very scary to me when I first opened the packaging, especially Pinktini. However, although very pigmented they are easily blended so don't be scared.

Pinktini is a pink almost raspberry colour which has a slight... sheen to it? It's not a shimmer but it's not perfectly matte. Now I tried this on me and it is too dark for me. When reading this though bare in mind that I am pretty pale and this wasn't extremely dark and will probably work when I have a tan but for these cold winter months, I'll be staying away from this colour.

Pink Ice is a bright, blue based matte pink. Another scary looking one as it looks almost neon but this applies beautifully. Gives a lovely pink flush and applies smoothly. I can definitely see me using this one day to day but still not my favourite of the three.

Finally we have Pink Parfait which is a deep rose pink with plum undertones. This is most definitely my favourite. This is my go-to daytime blush from now on! It applies perfectly and looks natural while still being very pigmented.

 With flash

Without flash

I bought this palette looking for a more natural, daytime blush. The only Sleek blush I owned before this was Rose Gold which as we all know is amazing! It wasn't right for a daytime look for me though but Pink Ice and Pink Parfait are definitely going to do the job! Overall another solid purchase from Sleek.

Has anyone else tried this or any of the other Blush By 3 palettes? 

4 comments:

  1. I love the look of the Sleek blush palettes, but the one which catches my eye is the other palette called "lace" which has the gorgeous corals in! But this one looks amazing too and sleek blushes are such good quality!

    Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did look at the Lace palette too but because of the similarity between Rose Gold which I already own and Guipure I went for this one instead. The quality is so good of these blushes though I can see me picking up all these palettes eventually.

      Delete
  2. nice blogg..:)

    darling follow you!!!

    pls follow me:33

    www.beautyandfashion-makeup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so bright! I have head so many good things about sleek, I feel like I should go buy one and use if in my 'comparing' series!

    Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete

I read every single comment and do my best to reply. Please leave your link if you comment, I visit the blogs of every single commenter so leaving the link just makes my life easier :) x